Saturday 27 June 2015

Banjo

Jun 26
Should I start with a joke? I believe that a joke is a good ice - breaker. Oh no ! I already lost the moment . In any case here goes...
Back in the time when I was commanding a body of men there was one person who came to me. (through Proper channel of course). The Time was tense and we were into preparing for an inspection by one of our superior officers. Letting a person off on leave -  for whatever reason " Mushkil hi nahi balki namunkin tha". During the interview the dialogue went something like this :-
Person- Sahab chutti jaana hai.
Me-       Kahe ke liye'?
Person-  Sahab bachha hone' waala hai.
Me-        ( it was a legitimate reason but the inspection was also important so I said)  Thik hai tumne               jo karna tha woh kar diya . Tumhaare na jaane se baccha to phir bhi paida ho jayega.
 of course I  did send him on leave later...

Hi ! I am Dilip.Better known as Banjo. I am the guest for today.I believe that all of us will have to contribute to the blog sooner or later. I took the option of sooner.I keep thinking of many things for which I am yet to get an answer Perhaps DR Vishwanatham Dr Dimple and Prof Subhashini will be able to clarify for me. We are small time players.psychological profiling of all of us has been done and we have been through the wringer prior to our selection. The services model of management is what is now being taught all over the world MBA. in fact if my memory serves me right it was adopted from the forces. WHY then the reassessment again at corporate level to test our ability to adjust to the company's profile? Strikes me as flawed logic.

 If any one has to be psychologically be evaluated it is the politicians. Why?? The stakes are much bigger at the country level and any person who is into politics is deciding the policies of the country which will see it into at least the next decade (if not more).  you can rule the country with out any psychological profiling but all others are repeatedly being put through the paces... And many other doubts which will I am sure will plague me in times to come.
Earlier
I had opted for this course because of the prestige linked to Admimistrative Staff College. I knew this because my better half is from hyderabad. After coming here I had misgivings of sorts . Moreover I could not join the course on the first day due to the predictable lateness of  indian railways. But when I did join I was more than reassured - the place was teeming with kolkattans . I immediately  felt at home and at that moment I knew that I would enjoy and in the process learn on the course. Jaggu was also there and there was this guy from agra who was six months my junior . our paths must have crossed in the academy. two years together in a pressure cooker situation undergoing the same training - one does not forget but one does "repress" unpleasant feelings. All others are pleasant enough and co-operative. All in all a fantastic course.
On friday we were determined to make a break for open spaces in an earlier time frame. This seemed well nigh impossible with inflation and other important aspects being on the menu.But everything fell in place- Happy Week end.                             

No comments:

Post a Comment