Tuesday 7 July 2015

The Word according to Jaggu


Today's blog is by my dear freind of more than thirty or more years. We trained together on our inception in the army and with being allotted different arms proceeded our separate ways -meeting only during holidays at Hyderabad- and that too only when our leave happened to coincide. ( Who says that friendships are not enduring?)Along the way we happened to marry the girls of our choice and produced healthy progeny to carry the Sulgay and Mangipudi lines forward into the posterity. Jagpal has achieved a lot in life - but who am I to jump the gun ?  he will tell you his story as it is... But one thing  is clear - he is definitely not as sober as he looks in the snapshot. Full of fun and mischief with a sense of unique humor he has made many climb the wall in sheer frustration.

Jaggu's Gospel

Ravindra cannot do what I can do what I propose to do. Write the blog, while I am working on the same. There is a certain amount of floweriness in his language which while being able to impress others does not in the least do the same to me. I have been set the difficult task of writing a few lines today. "Arre' my apna naam bhi jab tak zaroorat nahi padti to nahi likhta" I told him .In the end his persistence irritated the hell out of me. Back in the time when I used to stay in bowenpally we could look right across the begumpet airport. Now there is a huge intercession of buldings and a permanent smog which makes one yearn for the open spaces which are no longer there. Hyderabad has lost its old world charm to the IT sector and along with its  innocence. St Patrick's school ( Me and  ravindra may have been classmates - he left after only two years in the school)was where I started my enlightenment. Later in the academy it was quite impossible to get along with all the Jats and others who used to make fun of my hyderabadi accent and not a day passed without some fracas or the other..We all became good friends after some time as all of us had to contend with the exacting standards of training. 

This blog is not about me -it is about the course I am undergoing at ASCI. Unlike Ravindra I will stick to facts. The day started off pleasantly enough. Maximum temperature 35degrees and minimum 24 degrees. Sunrise was at 0545h and sunset at 1855h. pressure1006mb and visibility 6kms. Moon in the third phase. Must stick to facts... All people born today as per the daily forecast will be romantically involved... 

Perhaps the moon's juxtaposition had something to do with the classes. Prof Mahadik's
 class was professional and passed off pleasantly enough. For the second day in the week people were quite alert . Sandhya gave a brilliant presentation on  her school which did not have too many queries and we as sponsors were nodding in appreciation at the way she handled the finances of the school.
When we started on the marketing class with Prof Shahaida ( she was back in action after completing a project after a long time) on segmentation Iwas immediately struck by the different categories of people , who could be classified into various segments. This reminded me of the poem by Robert Browning. The analogy of segmentation was not much different from the classification of rats in "Pied Piper Of Hamelin"When I quote from the poem then you will realise the similarity:-

Great rats, small rats, lean rats, brawny rats,
Brown rats, black rats, gray rats, tawny rats,
Grave old plodders, gay young friskers,
  Fathers, mothers, uncles, cousins,
Cocking tails and pricking whiskers;       
  Families by tens and dozens,
Brothers, sisters, husbands, wives—

Thus the day ended.I forgot to mention the great war of the airconditioner. Perhaps we should classify people with the the way they handle the change in temperatures- every one wanted the AC at different temperatures... One more day of learning....I hope you could make sense of what I am trying to say.  Adios or should I say Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment